At Timolino, we pride ourselves in the quality of the materials that go into our products. However, sometimes our stainless steel mugs and bottles can become stained by coffee, tea, or other beverages. This occurs naturally due to the acidic and chemical properties that interact with the inside of your bottle. However, here are a few quick tips to keep your Timolino in tip top shape:
- Hot, soapy water: To increase the lifespan of your Timolino, we do not recommend using a dishwasher as it might affect the vacuum seal and/or paint. Instead, we recommend hand washing your bottle or mug with hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly to remove any soap residue. Allow to air dry (especially gaskets) for best results.
- Rinse after use: Aim for rinsing your mug or bottle immediately after each use. By doing so, there is less of a chance for dark stains to build up over time.
- Use a bottle brush: Bottle brushes make it convenient to clean those hard-to-reach spaces inside the mug or bottle – especially with our products that have a narrow opening, like our Tea2Go and hydration bottles.
- Try vinegar: If you notice stains starting to form inside your mug or bottle, try using regular household vinegar. Simply pour about 1/2 a cup of vinegar into your mug or bottle and let it swirl around inside, making sure it covers everything inside. Let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Vinegar and baking soda: If the vinegar doesn’t work on it’s own, try mixing it with baking soda. Drop 2 – 3 tablespoons of baking soda in your mug and 1 cup of vinegar into your mug or bottle. The solution will start to bubble up inside. Do not place the lid on your mug or bottle, as the pressure might cause it to pop off unexpectedly. Let it soak for 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with hot, soapy water.
- Smart Soak: If all else fails, our Smart Soak cleaning solution is perfect for getting rid of unwanted smells and stains. To use it, simply follow the instructions on the label.
Our bottles are designed to last you years and years with proper maintenance. Cleaning and caring for your Timolino will ensure it lives a long and happy life!